The Hands-On Mission Work Group is a subcommittee of Mission Interpretation Ministry Team of the Presbytery of Detroit. This work group is made up of members and clergy around the Presbytery, which includes Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, Washtenaw and St. Clair counties. HOM meets January through November evey second Thursday. Often we meet by conference call and sometimes face-to-face. We are looking for new memebers.
Purpose of our initiatives:
Jesus Christ is our Savior; we acknowledge him Lord of all and Head of the Church, and through him believe in one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As his disciples, God calls us to use our gifts, energy, and skills for service in the Church and in the world. We seek to follow the call of Jesus to love our neighbors through faithful, prayerful, and caring mission for sharing love and justice of Jesus Christ.
Click image to go to detroitpresbytery.org
The Hands-On Mission Work Group will inspire individuals and congregations of our Presbytery to engage in hands-on mission projects so we will grow in faith and discipleship to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our ministry enable people of all ages and abilities to use their time, talent and resources to model the love, justice and grace of our Savior Jesus Christ in the following ways:
• Hands-on service to mission projects of the Presbytery of Detroit, and faith-based and social
service agencies of the greater Metropolitan Detroit community;
• Receiving and coordinating work teams from across the country to participate in these
• Sending and coordinating work teams to areas of need supported by the Presbyterian
• Supporting and assisting congregations of the Presbytery of Detroit as they strive to develop vital
• Supporting and assisting Presbytery of Detroit and other faith-based mission initiatives as
they strive to serve the needs of the greater metro Detroit community.